
During this week I carried out some test related to the studied topics: First conditional, second conditional, third conditional, past continuous and passive voice. In this week, students have a lot of questions about it. I noticed that there was a big lack of information about this grammar topic. I thought that they already had studied this topic but, unfortunately, they did not know too much about it. For that reason, six students failed the exam. I talked with them and they told me that they needed extra work because they felt that they were back in comparison with their classmates. I felt motivated because of my students’ initiative, I think that they enjoy the classes and they want to learn and improve in English lessons. I planned a workshop for them, I noticed how important is try to plan this kind of activities but in a different way, I mean, it was not just a workshop, they did the work in pairs and after that they compare with other classmates, finally we have a socialization with all the classroom and they have the opportunity to ask some questions and doubt about all the topics. In general, I can say that I learned that my students have really good ideas to improve every class.
I have had the same experience. According to the curriculum, students are in an "x" level of English, but they aren't. Teacher has two choices, retake the subject until the children understand the topic well, but you would not have time to cover all the topics of the curriculum. Or the other option, follow the curriculum regardless of the students' background. The workshops are very good to reinforce the issues because students practice and if they have any questions, they can solve it at that time.
ResponderEliminar