martes, 14 de mayo de 2019

JOURNAL 2


Imagen relacionada

JOURNAL 2

It was a really difficult week. I had to much work to do with my students. The last week I was focused just on one topic, I carry out a lot of activities but at the end of the class students still felt confused about it. I felt so disappointed about my class for that reason I decided to think and look for a different idea.

I found an interesting idea that is called “Head and tail”. The objective of this class was the use of past participle, but I didn’t want just put my attention on teaching verbs I want to apply them in context. So in this activity students really used the verbs but in real situations. I immediately noticed that the main mistake that I had done was the idea of teaching verb per verb, just show them the list and work in the spelling of the word.  Nowadays the teaching of English needs to be focused on the acquisition of a second language but in a contextualized way. I will never forget that anymore.

1 comentario:

  1. Hello! I think everyone of us as new teachers has already had a though week! It is nice how you change your perspective towards the topic being teach, not everyone of us is able to noticed what did they do wrong during the lesson even if we think about it a considerable amount of time, so reading how did you managed this situation is really isnpiring.

    ResponderEliminar